Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Sure What To Put Title As............ cont...

As before I told you that my hands were hurting but my mother in laws story would continue.....

I met my mother in law back in 1999 when I was dating my husband. She was the best mother in law anyone could ask for. When we first met and as we was leaving her house she wanted a hug from me ( I am the type of person that doesn't like to hug at all ) Well she wasn't going to have it I was giving her a hug and when I did she whispered in my ear I LIKE YOU! I was like WOW never before have I heard that from a b/F's mom. I asked Jason if that was a good thing and he was oh yeah she likes you already. I didn't become her daughter in law until February 09, 2002 also the same day my mom and dad had gotten remarried. About a year after we got married my mother in law had been battling Chrones Disease, but it was not that bad at the time. She started having problems and so she had another surgery done on her large intestine she had some of it removed. As the years went on her health got worse. She was a smoker and I mean a chain smoker. About 3 years before she found out she had cancer her Dr. told her that she was going to have to stop smoking ( She was like yeah right ) her Dr. plainly told her to stop smoking or it would kill her. To our surprise she stopped smoking and she used nothing to get off of them either. When the doc said it would kill you she put them down. Well about a year after that she got a place on her butt-hole. She was the type of lady that thought she knew it all so she self diagnosed herself as if it was her Chrone's Disease acting up. In 2006 she had a major surgery done to remove all of her intestine to have a colostomy done and also had a hysterectomy also. We almost lost her 3 times during that 2 month stay she had at the hospital. She was supposed to be free and clear. The sore was supposed to go away. She got to come home on her birthday March 17th. So 1 year went by and she was a very stubborn woman we tried for years to get her to go the Dr. over that sore on her butt, but no she just thought it was her chrones disease. Well she started having trouble walking and it just got tougher for her. Then she finally broke down cause the sore on her behind was getting to much to bare anymore. They performed a biopsy on that sore. The results came back and it was cancer. Poorly differentiated Carcinoma Cancer a very rare cancer. She was diagnosed the day before Thanksgiving in 2007. It was very heartbreaking so our Thanksgiving we spent around her bed just gabbing it up. She was admitted to the hospital in Madisonville for her radiation treatments. She spent her Christmas in the hospital so we bought her a little optical tree and decorated with ornaments and then we took all our gifts up there to celebrate Christmas with her. She came home for a few days then she had her terrible episode she was real sick and her companion John of 15 years called my hubby and his brother for them to get over there right away and when they got over there my hubby had to perform CPR on her she stopped breathing the ambulance got there and took her to the hospital. They done scans that showed that her cancer was in her lungs and her brain. It had progressed. She was rushed to Madisonville and she had lost memory. The cancer had done spread to her brain and her body was shutting down. They kept her pain free cause that's all they could do. She eventually went into a coma she could not talk she could hear us but she could not talk. I was at home with Abbie. Zach had done gone to school. My cell rang and it was my hubby to tell me she had just passed. She passed on January 25th, 2008! She will be dearly missed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats

Scrappin Blog Button


My Blog List

My Blog List